Friday, April 13, 2012

Best on the West(side!)

I%26#39;m compiling a list of recommended restaraunts by area for our forthcoming trip to NYC (call me an overplanner!)

The idea is; whichever area we%26#39;re in when we get hungry, we%26#39;ll have a list of good value, good food places to choose from.

My problem is - I%26#39;ve only got about 2 places on the westside! We%26#39;re staying in midtown, just on broadway but I expect we%26#39;ll be all over the city.

Anyone know of any gems on the westside? We like all food and aren%26#39;t scared to try something new

Best on the West(side!)

Hi, Ange. By the west side I%26#39;m assuming you mean the area above 60th to 86th and west of Central Park. If that%26#39;s what you need, here are a few recommendations.

Cafe Mozart, 154 West 70th. This place used to be known for its incredible desserts (still is) and brunch, but has now added a full menu. Comfortable and homey. Somewhat eclectic.

Raku, 57 West 76th. When it%26#39;s not being robbed, this place produces perhaps the best sushi in NY. Expensive but worth it.

Santa Fe, 73 West 71st. Recently moved from it%26#39;s 69th St. location but I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;s the same excellent Mexican and southwestern style food. Good place to hang out and drink.

Ruby Foo%26#39;s, 2182 Broadway. Excellent Chinese.

If you need a few places on the west side in the Chelsea area or Meatpacking District, try Moran%26#39;s, a wonderful Irish restaurant in a landmark building that dates from the 1830%26#39;s. Located on 10th Avenue and 18th Street. Also, if you are in the area, an authentic old time diner with wonderful food is Restaurant Florent, open 24 hours a day. It%26#39;s at 69 Ganesvoort St., which is just south of 14th St. and west of 9th Avenue.

Best on the West(side!)

Hi Ange...guess what I%26#39;m going to say? Arties! Yes, it%26#39;s me again...for the 3rd time!


Daisiegee. People have said I must own a piece of Via Brasil since I recommend it so often. How much of Artie%26#39;s do you own? (LOL). Gotta get there one of these days.


lol! thanks Dasiegee! I%26#39;ve added Arties from the other replies you gave! Didn%26#39;t realise it was you!! lol!

Cheers Ruffian42, your brilliant suggestions have been added too!


Ruffian...I went there because of something that Bettina mentioned a long time ago on another forum, although she herself hadn%26#39;t visited. I am thinking of contacting them as I think I should get a share of the tips...it might help towards my airfare for this coming new year which is blooming hefty!


Ange, I think you%26#39;ve found the three most popular NY forums! I%26#39;ve already responded on another, so I won%26#39;t repeat myself.


LOL! thanks Bettina - I%26#39;ll check the other two out!

  • beauty tips
  • girl myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment