Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stand-by lines - does it work?

I really would like to go in the stand-by line for Live with Regis and Kelly. Their website says to get there as early as 7 am. Does anyone know the likelyhood of me actually getting in. Do a lot of people show up for the stand-by line making it difficult to get in?



Stand-by lines - does it work?


I don%26#39;t want to be discouraging, but I have stood in line 3 times for Regis and Kelly and have never gotten in. I have arrived at 7 am, 6:30 a.m., and at 6 a.m. Two of those times it was summer, and the other was at Christmas- so maybe this time of year it would be easier.


The last time I went I asked the first person in line what time she had arrived. It was 5 a.m.! It seemed that each time they were letting people in w/standby tickets, but you had to arrive much earlier than I was up for!


Each time, however, we ended up walking down the street to get standby tickets for The View. We were able to get in there every time, which was fun. The Tony Danza show is also filmed in the same building a little bit later in the morning. You could probably get on that if you were unable to see Regis and Kelly.



Stand-by lines - does it work?


So do you guys think that I would have a decent chance of getting into the View then? I sent away for tickets but they aren%26#39;t here yet and we%26#39;re leaving on Sunday!




I think you would have a decent chance with The View. I would get there by 9, though. They start handing out standby numbers at 10, I think.


It%26#39;s funny, I have arrived at 10 a.m. and received standby seats on the first row. I have also arrived at 10 a.m. with tickets in hand, and still not gotten in! (There is a line in fine print that says having tickets does not guarantee admittance. It is still first come, first serve.)


Good luck!




Thanks so much! That means there is still hope! We%26#39;re gonna try Regis and Kelly first, then will try the View dependent on the length of the line!




I wrote for tickets for Regis and Kelly one month before our visit never expecting to hear anything because the website mentions that waits are sometimes up to one year in advance. Well, to my surprise the tickets came in the mail about a week before our trip. We had a great time. I do believe that only a few people got in from the standby line on the day we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment