Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gates...vantage points?

I am SOOOO tired. Putting in very long hours learning newspaper layout and In Design computer software.... Folks, this is a warning...be careful what you wish for....but I digress...

I need help. Weather permitting, I%26#39;m coming in soon to see The Gates. Has anyone had good luck viewing them from up high? Some friends saw it from the MET museum and said the view wasn%26#39;t that great from there. I%26#39;m considering the Mandarian Oriental... but not sure where I could just stand and look at it for free... anyone know?

Also, ground level.... what areas have you explored/enjoyed?

Thanks for any input.

Gates...vantage points?

Welcome back, Voy!!! Been missing you.

Saw a satellite photo of the Gates. Couldn%26#39;t see a thing. All you could see was the beauty of the park. Loved it.

Gates...vantage points?

It figures you%26#39;d be the first to respond, Ruff.... ;-)~ hee hee.


Good to have you back!


I%26#39;m not...just need Gates info, babe.


Hi Voy,

Great to have you check in. Hope the new job is going great.

I%26#39;m not sure you want Ruff to be the one giving his opinion of the best vantage point for the gates :-) He has been a little shy about his feelings, but I get the impression he doesn%26#39;t care for them and would consider them best viewed at the landfill. LOL

However, their controversy and short duration lead me to believe they might be worth a looksy. Some people really enjoy them and, at the very least, you can have one of those ';I was there when....'; stories.

Sorry I don%26#39;t have a good rec for the best spot. Just saying ';hi!';


The park view from the Mandarin Oriental is blocked by the Trump Hotel, so I don%26#39;t think that%26#39;d be your best vantage point. Have you considered contacting a high-end realtor? Tell them you%26#39;re in town for a day and have them line up park view properties on high floors for you to examine.

I%26#39;d also call Le Parker Meridien and ask how much they charge for a day pass to their enclosed rooftop pool. I%26#39;m hoping to join a friend next week who%26#39;s a member there.... great park views.


Hey travelfun, how are ya?

Bettina, those are WICKED suggestions. If I were going by myself I would do the real estate one... I really would!

But I%26#39;m with a group...so... Like the saffron/orange gates themselves, we shall see what unfurls.


Top of 7th Ave entrance on foot the views are good did not see them from up high.


Can someone explain what you are talking about. What are the ';gates'; ?


I saw the Christo Gates in almost every part of the park, you can see my pictures at the following link. My recommendations: the rock next to Wollman Rink, the area around the Pond (near Plaza Hotel), Harlem Meer, Belvedere Castle.

You don%26#39;t see many gates from the Roof Garden of the Met Museum, the view from Belvedere Castle is a better alternative.

The Gates is a must see for anyone in New York, an amazing and echanting spectacle. The Gates will remain in Central Park until Feb 27th.

wirednewyork.com/parks/鈥?/a>

  • how to curl hair with rollers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment