Friday, April 27, 2012

New Yorkers or those familiar with NY help! Safest location?

We will be travelling with 3 children including a young baby so I want to come back each evening to a pleasant, safe enviroment.





Just wondering which of the following 3 hotels are in the best location.........





The Salisbury Hotel on West 57th Street.





The Southgate Tower Hotel on 371 7th Avenue.





Or the Milburn Hotel on 242 West 76th Street.





I haven%26#39;t a clue which locations are more desirable in N.Y.!!





Thanks!!!



New Yorkers or those familiar with NY help! Safest location?


I%26#39;m not familiar with the Milburn Hotel in particular, but the upper west side is a very safe and comfortable location. My daughter lives nearby, and I visit often. There are many families with babies and small children walking around. There are a lot of nice restaurants as well. I would recommend this location highly.



New Yorkers or those familiar with NY help! Safest location?


While I%26#39;m not familiar with the hotel, if you can stay on West 76th you will have not just a pleasant and safe environment, you%26#39;ll be in a real New York neighborhood. Lots of small, excellent restaurants and shops, tree-lined streets, etc.





I%26#39;d opt for the Salisbury second. Excellent location, also safe and pleasant. Nothing wrong with the Southgate, but the surrounding area is a bit commercial and not what you%26#39;re looking for.




Thanks so much PJM and Ruffian. Your advice really helps in my decision-making!!! Thanks again, Deb




I visited New York for my first time last September (leaving for my third trip back tomorrow!!) and stayed in the upper west side and loved it, felt so safe and comfortable there. The restaurants nearby are great and you don%26#39;t have to go too far unless you want to.


I would recommend the upper west side to anyone planning to visit New York

No comments:

Post a Comment