Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shopping question. Quality bed linen at rock bottom...

Hi there. In Australia, our bed linen only goes to 250 percale. Watching Oprah one day (sorry!!), I saw she gave away bed sheets with more than twice that thread count.



Does anyone know where we can pick up quality bed linen like this at affordable prices (The $Au is still not that good).



Shopping question. Quality bed linen at rock bottom...


Century 21, downtown Manhattan across from the World Trade Center site, has wonderful linens at greatly discounted prices. I have bought some wonderful items at prices that I could not believe, as compared to department stores.





The department stores, such as Macys %26amp; Bloomingdales, have a large selection and good prices when there are sales. Also keep in mind that both stores offer foreign visitors an additional 11% discount by showing your passport at customer service, where you will receive the discount coupon.



Shopping question. Quality bed linen at rock bottom...


Thanks for such a quick response. I had heard of Century 21 but never got to visit there last time I was in NY. And thanks for the info about foreign tourists and the discount. I will definately call into Customer Service. Thanks again




I agree with the previous post. Both Macy%26#39;s and Bloomingdale%26#39;s have good selections, with Bloomingdale%26#39;s being more high-end. Macy%26#39;s has an enormous selection and often has sales. And I believe they both have websites, so you could check those.





Also, there are a number of catalogue/web direct merchants in the U.S. -- for example, the Company Store -- www.thecompanystore.com. Even if you are planning on visiting and buying in person, you might want to check these in advance to become more familiar with products and prices.





Another resource, besides Century 21, for very high-end stuff is Harris Levy, a store on the lower East Side. I think it%26#39;s on Grand Street. I haven%26#39;t been to that store in a couple of years, and am not absolutely certain it%26#39;s still there, but I believe it is.




Hello. Thanks so much for your advice. I have checked out the web sites of both Macy%26#39;s and Bloomingdales, and was ';gob smacked'; by the Country Store.com. . . what a great selection. I%26#39;ll also check out the other store you mentioned but I can see many great choices so far. Thanks again


  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment