Thursday, April 26, 2012

Seafood Restaurant recommendation

My wife and I are looking for a great seafood restaurant in Manhattan. We would like dinner for two with no alcohol to cost about $100 or so. Any suggestions would be so much appreciated. The River Cafe has gotten so many good reviews but we would rather not go there; a little too expensive. Thanks in advance!



Seafood Restaurant recommendation


Some of the best and most popular seafood places are:





Blue Fin, 1567 Broadway.





The Oyster Bar, Grand Central Station.





The Sea Grill, Rockefeller Center.





Oceana, East 54th off Park.





Redeye Grill, 7th Avenue %26amp; 56th Street.





All are very good and all should be within budget.



Seafood Restaurant recommendation


Thank you so much. After a little Zagats and New York Times Guide we decided on the Sea Grill. One last question...how long by subway would it take to get to the River Cafe? Coming from the Times Square area. Thanks again Ruffian.




I%26#39;ll agree with Ruffian on Oceana and the Redeye Grill (good seafood, modest prices, but very loud!), but I%26#39;m not wild about the others. I think Blue Fin is noisy and the servers are overly solicitous. I realize that I can be easily annoyed, but for the money I%26#39;d like a more pleasant restaurant. The Sea Grill%26#39;s food is o.k., and the setting is lovely, but I don%26#39;t think you should be hungry an hour after a $100 dinner. And I%26#39;ve never ';gotten'; what anyone sees in the Oyster Bar.





Along with Oceana, I really like Manhattan Ocean Club. And, at Rock Center, I like Joseph Citarella, though it%26#39;s expensive too. Across the street from Joseph C is City Lobster, which you should avoid at all costs!




Bettina,





Thank you , thank you, thank you!! Too many choices! We will reevaluate and make our decision.




What about Blue Water Grill at Union Square? I really enjoyed my meal there- great food and wonderful service on that particular night. Zagat%26#39;s give it good reviews, and Union Square is easily accessible by many subway lines.




I agree, what about the Blue Water Grill, on Union Square?




Yes, it%26#39;s very good, and free jazz downstairs.





I neglected to mention what I think is the very best seafood restaurant in Manhattan, and that%26#39;s Fresh, which is downtown. It%26#39;s also a bit on the noisy side, but their incredible fresh seafood creations are sublime.




Aquagrill............love it just came back......grew up on east coast with lobster fishing family...trust me

No comments:

Post a Comment