Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Taxis from jfk to Manhatton

We arrive at 21.00 local and as a party of 4 with the usual luggage would we all fit in to 1 taxi? If not any suggestions. I have left this rather late as we fly in 48 hours.



Taxis from jfk to Manhatton


It all depends on the luggage really. In my experience 4 people is ok but they dont have a great deal of luggage space. The taxi marshall may help, but they can be funny creatures too. Why not take the subway if you%26#39;re going to Manhattan, its easy,cheap and the drivers aren%26#39;t intent on suicide like the cab drivers. My comiserations about having to fly into JFK, it is the worst airport in the world for bad attitude.



Taxis from jfk to Manhatton


I have a son flying in midnight 12/17 to JFK. What%26#39;s the best choice of transporting him to Hilton Ave Americas: taxi, bus or subway. Mind you, he%26#39;s never come in this way so he%26#39;s fairly green. As a last resort, we were contemplating driving over to get him ourselves, which my husband seems to think is insane but it is midnight and traveling around the streets of NY has a strange kind of appeal to me...anyways thanks for any suggestions!



MC




Don%26#39;t take the subway or shuttle with four people! You%26#39;ll pay more than the cost of a taxi, it%26#39;s crazy! The only way public transport is worthwhile is if you%26#39;re traveling alone and have the strength and energy to schlep your luggage up and down all the stairs.





Call a car service in advance. I always use Tel Aviv 1-212-777-7777. They%26#39;re safe and reliable, and you can book an SUV that%26#39;ll carry all of you plus your luggage. You might google them, as I%26#39;m sure they%26#39;ve got a web site. (I%26#39;ll take a look and re-post if I find it.)




Here%26#39;s the web address:





http://www.telavivlimo.com




Hi Bettina NYC,You use Tel Aviv and I have seen Carmel mentioned a few times - why do you think Tel Aviv are the best?They all seem to be the same sort of price and there has been a negative report on Carmel recently so I am inclined to Tel Aviv - you views would be appreciated.Also, we are staying at the Affinia Dumont on 150, Est 34th St - can the driver go over the toll free bridge (59th st?) to get there easily?Thanks for all your invaluable help!Sarah




Hi all,





Any views on Tel Aviv over Carmel?





Thanks Sarah




I think it%26#39;s a toss-up. There are lots of car services and for some reason they%26#39;re owned by Israelis. Hence the names -- Carmel, Tel Aviv, King David, Masada, etc. I just happen to have always used Tel Aviv. To be sure, though, I always reconfirm, and then call again an hour before pick-up to confirm the car number, etc.




You can use the toll free bridge to get to the Affinia Dumont but the midtown tunnel makes a lot more sense since you get out of the tunnel very near the hotel. The bridge sometimes takes more time. I happen to love the view from the bridge. It%26#39;s not really worth arguing with the driver on this trip if he insists on taking the tunnel but you could say you wanted the view from the bridge.




Thanks both - good tips





This time next week I will be there!! Very, very excited!!





Sarah




I have just returned from New York. Four of us got a taxi from Newark with four suitcases and the usual bags to Times Square district. The taxi driver just shoved it all in (including us)It was $50 plus tolls. Going back we booked with the hotel and it cost about the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment