Friday, March 30, 2012

mobile phone

Hi, Doing a four week trip, starting from NY, driving through southern states, flying home from Nashville. I want to have a phone for local use. Do I buy one (triband?) with a top up card or is there another system available, like rental?....... Thanks.



mobile phone


not worth hiring i am going to new york in two weeks and want contcat to home





i have bought one from t mobile





tri band



39.99



siemens A65





just put your sim card if want to keep in and ring your network and tell them what you are doing





if pay as you go put what you can on then leave your card with someone and then get in touch if want them to top up for you





let me know how you go on lynda



mobile phone


Just be very careful of your costs. I was there in November and it was costing me 1.60euro a minute. I know Irish tarriffs are a lot higher. Just check out your roaming costs before you leave and if you have to pay if someone rings you also. Enjoy your trip.




Hi Lynda, Thanks for the info, so if I have triband, I just use a sim card from the states, I don%26#39;t want it for ringing home, only over there........regards, John.




Did it last year in LA with a T-Mobile prepaid Sim card, cost me about 50 dollars and got 125 minutes of call time.



There are several t-mobile stores in Manhattan.




Thanks for your help everyone. I%26#39;ll get the prepaid sim card in the States.





reagards, John




travel maniac





glad yur sorted i have put my own sim card in and then top up



when needed ask the folks at home to do it for me

No comments:

Post a Comment