Friday, March 30, 2012

Thanks for all the info everyone!

Hi all,

I went to NY recently to get married - just wanted to let everyone know we had a fab time! Everywhere we picked was just perfect for the occasion. Stayed in the Hilton Times square for 2 nights then the Ritz Carlton on Central Park for 3.

To be honest although the Hilton was nice, the Ritz was fab - the staff were so nice and not in your face either!

Went to Joe Allens for dinner with our small group, that worked out great, everyone loved it, and it was very reasonable considering the buckets of wine consumed!

We bought our rings in the diamond district, and got married in the Municipal building on Centre street. Didnt have to queue at all, it was very quiet (at 2pm). Then off to the Ritz on Battery Park for cocktails overlooking the sea. Then to the River Cafe for dinner. Was wonderful, expensive, excellent service - but to be honest I was so excited they could have served me a lettuce leaf and a slice of dog and I probably wouldnt have noticed! The food was very good and the wine list was great. I actually found the service almost too good if thats possible, but I dont like being fussed over! Literally if you got up to go to the ladies when you came back your whole place setting had been tidied up with your napkin refolded!

That was pretty much it for the wedding day, we spent much of the rest of the time hanging out, attempting to visit the MOMA - my god - the queues! Oh and walking in central park - am so sorry I wasnt there for the actual unveiling of the gates, but from our hotel room they looked pretty cool before the unveiling!

Anyway thanks everyone for the advice and thanks New York for being so amazingly helpful and friendly on our special occasion!

Thanks for all the info everyone!

Congratulations! Glad that you had a great time, and hopefully you will come to visit us again soon!

Thanks for all the info everyone!

Congratulations couldnt think of a nicer place than NY to be married in and then onto the River Cafe. WOW is all I can say. May you have many years of happiness together.


Congratulations!!! I%26#39;m pleased you had what sounds like a wonderful time %26amp; hope my wedding there in June goes as smoothly as yours seems to have - please post a trip report!

Quick question, we were considering buying our wedding rings while we%26#39;re there - the only thing thats put us off is how long in advance you have to order a wedding ring from a jeweller here - can you just choose one %26amp; buy it if you visit the diamond district there? Do they have that many sizes in stock?


Hi, thanks for all your kind wishes! Not sure I could post a trip report, some of it is a bit of a blur!

Re the diamond district - we went shopping for rings after getting our licence on Monday - went back on Tuesday morning and made our final decision (we had a couple of stores hold rings for us). I literally picked mine up in a taxi on the way to the Municipal building, they sized it within an hour. Of course it does depend on the type of ring you buy - I think some types are harder to size quickly than others. But my experience was of people bending over backwards to help us to get everything sorted in time! Hope that helps.


Thanks DugblinGirl, thats great advice! I don%26#39;t usually dare leave things til the last minute like that but I think we might just risk it so we get more ring for our money!


Hi Dublin Girl

Congrats on your marriage

I%26#39;m also travelling over to NY from Ireland to get married at the end of the year and its really great to hear of someone else that has done it.

We are hoping to go to the River Cafe also for our meal, its seems to get glowing reports everywhere.

Was it expensive to stay in the Ritz? It sounds perfect. Where did you go to get your photos? We are thinking about Central Park.

Regardss

  • spots
  • How can I keep the blankets on my baby?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment