Friday, March 30, 2012

Making the most of my trip!

My brother and i are coming to NYC for 4 night at the beginning of April, and i would be interested in people%26#39;s thought on what to see and do.





I would like to see the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Bronx Zoo and the Intrepid Air-Sea museum. The Guggenheim would be good too.





What about beer though, where are the best bars/pubs to go to and what about traditional grill food? Any guidance is appreciated!



Making the most of my trip!


There%26#39;s loads to do, so I%26#39;ll just list it all:





Empire State Building



The Metropolitan Museum of Art (the Met)



The American Museum of Natural History



Central Park



Broadway Show



Helicopter Tour (Liberty Helicopters)



Circle Line Cruise



Grand Central Terminal



5th Avenue Shops



Museum of Modern Art (MoMa)



Brooklyn Bridge





If you get a good guide book - I would recommend The Essentials Guide to New York - it%26#39;ll list most of what there is to do.



Making the most of my trip!


How could I not respond to someone with the handle ';Donkey Nuts';?





Not sure what you mean by grill food, but I%26#39;d recommend Virgil%26#39;s Barbecue in Times Square area. If by traditional grill food you mean something more along the lines of English roasts and such, try Keen%26#39;s Steak %26amp; Chop House (74 West 36th St.).





Keep in mind that the same boat that takes you to the Statue of Liberty goes on to Ellis Island. No additional cost. Don%26#39;t miss it. It%26#39;s the story of the New York immigration experience and I, for one, think it%26#39;s much more interesting than the Statue. Both the Bronx Zoo and Air %26amp; Space Museum are excellent choices.





While I%26#39;m not much of a drinker, there is no shortage of bars, taverns and pubs in Manhattan. If you%26#39;re U.K. football fans, Nevada Smith%26#39;s shows the Premiership games on TV. If you are sports fans in general, you might enjoy the ESPN Zone on 42nd Street.




Bronx Zoo




Guys, your help is appreciated!





I%26#39;m looking forward to getting over there and getting on with it!





Any other advice/hints are always welcome!





Cheers





Donkey Nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment