Friday, March 30, 2012

Last night-disaster

Well Ruffian-I hope you will realise that I dont just send posts on my footballing good days,but my bad days as well.For me last night was a disaster-losing at home 1-0 to AC Milan. They were a good side but yet again we have paid for our lack of a world-class keeper. I hope that when he has got his championship medal that Mr Cudicini decides he would prefer regular football and signs for us! Not too bad for your boys having scored the away goal. I dont know if you%26#39;ve seen any of the match yet. I%26#39;ve only managed very brief huighlights but I have to say that Drogba%26#39;s sending off was a joke. The after-match radio phone-ins complained of the Barcelona players diving but I%26#39;m afraid thats European football for you. We had a Spanish referee last night who blew for every challange-for and against-so I can see if the Europeans have their way football will become a non-contact sport. Mr Mourinho has also complained of their diving but I%26#39;m afraid any manager who has Deco in their team knows what they are going to get-as he did when he was at Porto. Chelsea have put in some form of official complaint to Uefa re the referee and Rijkaard. Dont know what about yet. Well hopefully we%26#39;ll both qualify but somehow I think your interest in the champions league will last longer than mine.



Last night-disaster


Didn%26#39;t see either game. For some reason they were not shown on the soccer channel here. Perhaps today on a delayed tape basis. As far as a keeper%26#39;s concerned, it could be worse. You could have Jerzy Dudek!





One of the reasons I%26#39;ve always preferred English football to the Spanish and Italian leagues is precisely the diving. It drives me crazy that so many of them get away with it. Bolton won a game this year, 1-0, on a penalty that was given for an obvious dive by El Hajj ';The Spitter'; Diouf.





Look on the bright side. At least they%26#39;re not all on steroids like our baseball players.





By the way, what happened to your American keeper? Is he still in Sir Alex%26#39;s doghouse?



Last night-disaster


HI!



Oh my gosh - I taped this game and watched all but the last 10 minutes. Who would have thought checking the travel forum would have given away the scores :-)? Oh well, as we are probably the only family in all of VA who even knew about this game, it%26#39;s nice to know there are soccer/football fans out there in the universe - LOL. It%26#39;s hard to believe Milan got the away goal on such a poor play by the Man U keeper. I%26#39;m just happy that in the last few months we have been able to get new cable/satellite options that allow us to watch any European football at all. So, we will just watch and enjoy.



Isn%26#39;t the Inter v. Milan match this weekend?




Hi!



Do you mind terrribly if I join in....?





My husband was at the Man U / Milan game last night, while I stayed at home and watched on TV....



I%26#39;ve not had much chance to alk to him about it yet, as he didn%26#39;t get home until 1 am, but I know he was really disappointed with Giggs and Ronaldo (for all his obvious talent hubby would sell Ronaldo tomorrow - he can%26#39;t stand players who are frightened of being tackled and won%26#39;t %26#39;have a go....%26#39;)





As for the Chelsea complaint, I think it%26#39;s something to do with Rijkaard going to see the referee at half time, which isn%26#39;t allowed....





Oh well.... I suppose if there%26#39;s one team that likes a challenge it%26#39;s Man U....!




Travelfun. Did you get the game on satellite or cable? I have digital cable and view most of the games on the Fox Soccer Channel. But it didn%26#39;t show either the Man. U game or the Chelsea game. If you got it on cable, what station?




Roll on the transsfer season again when we can get a new keeper and fergie could do a lot worse than buy Shay Given.





Looking for to coming to NY and watching some of the Utd. games at Nevada Smiths.




Well put SteveH, We don%26#39;t want to only comment on the good times. We have had to learn humility over the last 2 or so years. I was beginning to see the swagger and confidence returning so had high hopes for last night. As you may know we are a Chelsea versus ManU household so it was a bit tense here last night. Thank goodness for the SKY interactive buttons. I had a smile on my face after the weekend but the luck was with Mourinho last night. Can%26#39;t believe Roy Carroll but I%26#39;m sure he will be the first to blame himself. Tim Howard will be hoping for a chance again. Bring back Peter Smeichkel?! He is wasted as a Match of the Day co-presenter.



We always respond well to an uphill struggle it seems to bring out the best in the team. Well I can hope.




Well this is starting to get interesting. I check this site out on a daily basis as I%26#39;m going to Orlando and NYC in July/August. I never thought I%26#39;d be getting into discussions about English football. I can only hope that those serious holiday-makers can allow us our little indulgence to discuss the many merits of both New York and Man Utd/Chelsea!




Ruffian,



We usually watch our soccer on Fox Sports which shows lots of English Premier League, but this was shown live on ESPN2 yesterday afternoon. My husband taped it so we could watch together last night. We used to have digital cable, but have just switched to dish/satellite. However, we used to get ESPN2 on our cable. Hope this helps.




Ruff, BTW, unless I missed it, we did not get the Chelsea game.

No comments:

Post a Comment