Friday, March 30, 2012

Engagement

Hi there!

I%26#39;m coming to New York at the end of June for three nights, staying at the W Hotel in Times Square. During the trip I%26#39;ll be proposing to my girlfriend, and would appreciate peoples ideas of romantic locations for the proposal - whether it be at one of the many landmarks, at a restaurant, at a special location - I%26#39;d love to hear any ideas you may have.

I%26#39;d also appreciate your lists of top 5 places we should visit, top 5 places to eat etc etc.

Any replies will be massively appreciated!

Cheers

Engagement

Someone who lurks around forums a lot( Hi, B ), showed me Bow Bridge last summer. It is the most beautiful spot in Central Park, and if I was to pick a place, that would be it.

Engagement

Hi, this is not very original, and maybe not the most romantic of places, but take her to the top of the Empire State Building. My friends husband proposed to her there, (it was in winter so it was freezing cold and windy), but it is something she has never forgotten as we her friends have not either. It is always a talking point especially if we see the building in a movie etc, and he got loads of brownie points for being so thoughtful!


I went on a cruise around Manhattan with Dinner and Music. Eventhough I didnt have my husband with me it did strike me as very romantic and think standing out on deck with the Manhattan Skyline and Statue of Liberty in the backround would be very romantic.

I also think Empire State Building would be a big hit and the River Cafe in Brooklyn. This is just a female perspective on it. Hope this helps.


Hi Daisiegee!!!

Bow Bridge is incredibly romantic, but you%26#39;d probably do well to go early before it gets crowded with tourists. If you cross the bridge, you%26#39;re in The Ramble, a wooded area that%26#39;s got a couple of rustic bridges, a tiny waterfall, and an incredible rustic shelter. Or rent a rowboat and row over to one of two little lakeside shelters.

Or on one of the park benches that surround the ';Secret Garden'; at Central Park%26#39;s Conservatory Gardens at Fifth Ave. and 104th Street.

I like these much better than any restaurant. It should be a very private moment. But it might be nice to have a chilled bottle of champagne and a couple of flutes handy!

You can take a virtual tour of the park on their official site:

http://www.centralparknyc.org/


While I normally agree with Bettina on a lot of stuff--and I do about the Bow Bridge in Central Park--champagne and flutes??? Why not propose at Lincoln Center? You can have the entire Philharmonic at your disposal. I think you need a guy%26#39;s perspective here.

Consider the ESPN Zone. Yeah, she might not like it but YOU will. (Just kidding, Bettina. But I did propose to my late wife at a hockey game and that sure worked for me).

The Promenade in Brooklyn Heights is a very romantic spot with sensational views of Manhattan. From there you can walk to the River Cafe for a romantic dinner if she says yes...or back to the subway if it%26#39;s a no. After the River Cafe, walk back over the Brooklyn Bridge, which is another good spot to pop the question.


Smarty-pants!! You knew I meant champagne flutes, silly!


Last week one of my coworkers proposed on the skating rink at Rockefeller Center. The proposal popped up on the screen that they have there. I personally think it is sort of tacky, but she did say yes and was totally floored by all that panache, so what do I know?

If such a display is of interest to you, I%26#39;d be happy to ask him for the contact info on how to make such a spectacle happen.


Most tourists know about the view from the Brooklyn Bridge or River Cafe but few if any know that The Cantor Rooftop Garden at the Met Museum overlooking Central Park affords visitors some of the most stunning views of the Manhattan Skyline.

Located on the Fifth Floor, the garden is open until 8:30 p.m. in late June and would certainly make my short list.

I think #1 would be on the deck of the Bateaux%26#39;s yacht, Celestial, as it glided beneath the Brooklyn Bridge or moored momentarily next to the Statue of Liberty.


I forgot the Gondolier at Central Park.

Now a proposasl there would be something.


I%26#39;d second Waterford and Carpenter! Take her for dinner on a cruise around lower Manhttan on the Bateaux New York--a glass covered single deck boat where you have a gourmet meal with outstanding service, and a band plays while you travel from Chelsea Piers past the Financial District, anchor at the Statue of Lliberty, go around the tip of Manhattan to the Brooklyn Bridge and then back again...while they%26#39;re playing Billy Joel%26#39;s ';NY State of Mind';...You feel like you%26#39;re on a movie set! We met a couple from Denmark who were living in NY...He had proposed to her on the Bateaux Mouche (sp ?) in Paris, and now they were celebrating their first anniversary on the sister ship in NYC. She%26#39;s gonna love it!!!

  • best for cleaning bed sheets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment