Friday, March 30, 2012

Anybody out there who has driven to Woodbury Common.

I would love to hear from a tourist who has driven to Woodbury Common without having a local in the car to guide you. There are 6 of us 2ad and 4 kids and it could work out at about $150 for all of us to go to Woodbury and I was just wondering how difficult it is to hire a car and drive to Woodbury. All advice greatly appreciated.



Anybody out there who has driven to Woodbury Common.


If you go there after April 7th, I could tell you how it was since I am headed there around that time.



From the looks of the directions I got off Yahoo and mapquest it should not be that bad.



I seem to remember from taking the bus there it is fairly easy.



Once there are 3 people a car is indeed cheaper and if you do not go on a weekend or holiday also more convenient.



You always have a place to put your purchases when you have a car.



What I am planning is go to Woodbury and hit some places in Secaucus on the way back if there is time and daylight left.



Hate to drive in the dark in places I am not familiar with.



Anybody out there who has driven to Woodbury Common.


We have driven a lot in Florida but I think the hardest part will be to actually get out of Manhattan. Also it may not be an awful lot more expensive to rent the car for 2 days as opposed to one. How much are you paying for the car for 1 day.




We went by bus. Once your in the Lincoln tunnell (I think thats it) this will take you well out to Manhattan to the other side of the river.




I rented the car thru cheap car rental and pay 59 dollars taxes, insurance and gas included.



The directions I get from most sites make me leave Manhattan using the GW Bridge since the car pick up point is 52nd street.



Of all the sites only Yahoo makes me use the Lincoln tunnel.



I would like to get the view on those few Nyers who do have a car on this one, lol.




Take the scenic route:





Head up the West Side Highway to the Henry Hudsin Pkwy to the Saw Mill Parkway through Westchester County. Take the exit for Route 9A and follow it (turns into Route 9) along the Hudson River until you get to Route 6. Take Route Six across the Bear Mountain Bridge and a couple more miles until you hit Woodbury Commons.





The roads have mimial traffic on them, you minimize your tolls and get some great scenery in the process.




I wouldn%26#39;t dare give you directions here that you would actually want to follow, but I will say that from Long Island (I live right near JFK), its really a straight trip up to the NY Thruway and WC is right off the Thruway. Really should be a very easy trip from the city. I say drive rather than take the bus.




Thank you all. We will be in NY for about 11 days over the Christmas period if we were to rent the car for a 2nd day is there anywhere else you would recommend driving too.




I think will try and persuade my husband to drive.



We leave in 11 days, 3 of us, would be great if he agrees.



Easier for shopping and you leave when you want.



That%26#39;s if they can drag me away from shops.



He was very good driving round florida,he just thinks manhattan maybe madness.




Waterford. Here%26#39;s the quickest and EASIEST way to go.





From midtown get over to the West Side Highway north. That becomes the Henry Hudson Parkway and eventually the N.Y. Thruway, also known as Route 87. Stay on that. You%26#39;ll go over the Tappan Zee Bridge. Remain on 87 until you reach Exit 16, Harriman. Woodbury Commons is right off that exit on either Route 6 or 17, which may be the same road at that point.





Total driving time from midtown is about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. You%26#39;ll have a few tolls to pay. No toll on the Tappan Zee going but I believe there%26#39;s one returning.




Vidan,I have driven from Manchester to Wrexham which sort of goes by Liverpool (I think) and in rush hour traffic that was pretty mad. Every thing in Manhattan is very well laid out and runs horizontallly and vertically so hopefully it wont be too difficult to get out of Manhattan.

No comments:

Post a Comment