Friday, March 30, 2012

Just wondering

I enjoy coming onto this site to read trip reports and see what others did differently on their trip to what we did on ours, also get ideas for our return trip. Anyway, I was wondering what surpassed your expectations and what were you disappointed in (if anything)



For me I think everything was bigger and better than I expected, not really knowing what to expect! The people were friendlier than I was led to believe and it was so safe and clean. What really bowled me over was the sheer size of the Statue of Liberty, it looks tiny from Battery Park and then you get out there, its enormous. The sheer size of it.



What disappointed me was the yellow cab drivers, so few spoke english or knew where we needed to go unless we gave them exact address. I had this vision of hopping into a taxi and getting a native new yorker, but was really let down - mind you we didnt use cabs much. Anyway just interested to hear from others what surpassed and what was a let down.



Just wondering


I did have some very grumpy cab drivers but I have also had them in Taxis here in Ireland. But I did have 2 experiences that really restored my faith in man kind.





The first was a driver of a Yellow cab. He was a really friendly Nigerian and he was really chatty and had some great sights into NY life. When the traffic was really heavy he even stopped the clock and brought me to where I wanted to go. Needless to say he was tipped very generously for this.





The Second was the driver of our Carmel Limo Mini Bus. He was so friendly and chatty on our return journey to JFK. However, when we got to JFK we discovered one our group had left one of her bags at the hotel. The driver gave her is cell phone to sort this out and cancelled his next job to stay with us until we had sorted the bag situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment