Friday, March 30, 2012

New in New York

Hi all,





My husband and I are from Dublin Ireland and will be over in New York from the 8th Sept to the 11th and are booked in to the Edison Hotel. It will be our fist time there. Any advice or suggestions on anything relevent to our stay will be greatly appreciated.





Thanking you





Finola



New in New York


As I mentioned in a previous post, you may want to re-consider the Edison. While it%26#39;s in a great location, it%26#39;s an older hotel and the reviews haven%26#39;t been the best. There are better alternatives in the same price range you are probably paying for the Edison.





As far as suggestions, give us an idea of what you like to do, how much you have to spend, etc. There%26#39;s so much available here you have to narrow it down a bit.



New in New York


Hi Finola,





We are travelling to NY the week after you, also staying in the Edison. Did you book through American Holidays?



See my itinery post for possible ideas on what to do!



I will be looking forward to your review!




Hi Finola, I was in NY in November and eventhough I didnt have my husband with me these are the two things that are top of my list when I do return with my Husband.





First, dinner at the River Cafe in Brooklyn with a window table with a view back into Manhattan. Read through the many posts on this site regarding the River Cafe.





Second, The World Yacht Dinner Cruise around Manhattan at night. Really romantic and great night and great views of Manhattan Skyline.





Also dont forget the Empire State Building fabulous and not to be missed. If your time in NY is short prebook your tickets before you go and save on queueing time.





Hope this helps and have a great time.




My friend and I had the time of our lives in New York last November. I very belatedly posted my trip report here yesterday - ';Late trip report November 2004';. Plenty of bits and bobs there that should be useful! Any questions, feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment