Monday, April 16, 2012

Visting on the 4th March - lots of questions!

Hope you can help with my questions!



1. Is the ice rink still in Central Park?



2. Is it best to visit Liberty Island on the weekend or a weekday?



3. Can anyone recommend a romantic restaurant for myself and my partner (preferably not Italian - I love Italian food, he doesn%26#39;t!) Our trip to NYC is his 30th birthday present so looking for something special!



4. Can you walk right in to the Empire State building with advance tickets or do you still have to queue?



Think that%26#39;s about it for now! Thanx!



Visting on the 4th March - lots of questions!


1. Says open till march so I%26#39;m sure you would be okay. Here%26#39;s the link and maybe you could try calling





centralparknyc.org/virtualpark/鈥?/a>





2. I would say anyday is a busy day. We ended up just taking the Staten Island ferry which got us close enough to Lady Lib





3. What price range...there are lots ... and pricey ones as well.





4. You get to pass the line up for tickets. In the morning you are stuck in one line...then it opens and those without tickets go downstairs first. But word of warning...when we went some people had printed out copies and were told that they were no good. And I wouldn%26#39;t buy Tony%26#39;s audio either. The guy says there is no maps or pictures to guide you...he%26#39;s a liar...there is pictures at all four sides with a legend to tell you what you are looking at.





Have fun...it was my 30th Birthday too! We had a blast.



Visting on the 4th March - lots of questions!


Thanks for the info Smatch - really good news about the ice rink, I missed out on the skating when I visited in 2002 so it would be great to make it this time! As for restaurants, price isn%26#39;t really an issue so any suggestions would be gratefully received. I have printed off my ESB tickets and I%26#39;m pretty sure they%26#39;ll be okay so fingers crossed! As for enjoying ourselves.....it%26#39;s impossible not to!




How can anyone NOT like Italian food?! Poor guy!





Anyway, the most romantic restaurant in the city is the fabulous River Cafe (www.rivercafe.com). It sits on a barge under the Brooklyn Bridge, you access it by a quick taxi ride. I just had an incredible dinner there last night, in fact. The best views in the city, and the food is exquisite. It%26#39;s expensive but worth it for a special occasion. You%26#39;ll want to request a window table, though the view is fabulous from anywhere in the restaurant.




I know what you mean Bettina.....not liking Italian food is a strange one! However, I am going to attempt to get him to at least try some when we%26#39;re in New York - any suggestions for a good restaurant for the novice Italian food eater?! Thanks for your info about the River Cafe, so many people talk about it on this site that it seems like THE place to be! I assume we would be best to reserve for dinner - we would probably go on either Sunday or Monday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment