Monday, April 16, 2012

Need Hotel Help- Urgent!

I%26#39;m having a really hard time finding a hotel. We have reservations at the HOJO Penn Station (we booked back in November) but after reading the reviews on here theres no way I%26#39;m getting anywhere near that place. We%26#39;re going March 12 and have a tight budget (not really wanting to spend more than $600-$700 for 4 nights for 3 people). Maybe this is wishful thinking but any help would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had realized all this sooner...

Need Hotel Help- Urgent!

I booked Carnegie Suites 100$ per night Rooms suitable for sharing. Have fairly good reviews on this site. Hope this helps.

Need Hotel Help- Urgent!

How fussy are you? Earlier this morning I posted a positive experience about the last two days spent there (should appear soon), about the sometimes badly critiqued Super 8 ';Times Square Area'; (not really at the Square, on 46th St. a few doors east of 6th Ave)., ph. 212-219-2300, which we found to be excellent value with none of the faults others had mentioned. Not deluxe, but not shabby. No restaurant, but plenty in same block, and basic but serviceable continental breakfast included. Check it out.

On other occasions I%26#39;ve liked the www.newyorkerhotel.com which these days is a Ramada property. It%26#39;s more expensive but worth checking out, near Penn station, with a (rough-and-ready) 24-hour diner, and with lots of other choices nearby of course (restaurant row is only a few blocks north). Ask for the rooms with two small bathrooms, one at each end of the room! Very handy!

MQ


Thanks for the replies...Not trying to be fussy but got scared when not a single person gave HOJO a good review. I%26#39;m traveling with a friend whos never been to NY or even out of Virginia so I didn%26#39;t want to disappoint her. I can stay pretty much anywhere but wanted to find something that maybe had better reviews. If worse comes to worse I can stay there and still enjoy the city!


Hi Rachreb,

Listen, you could stay at the Red Roof Inn. They get good reviews from this site. They have availability for 2 double beds with a cot starting on March 13th for $182! 5% discount for AAA. March 12th is harder. They only have a king bed left.


Thanks! I actually was going to book with them last night b/c I found a rate for $140. I waited to talk to my friend and the rate went up today but I still might try to book with them. Thanks for the tip!


You really ought to look on the beautiful upper west side. It%26#39;s the nicest area, an upscale residential neighborhood with plenty of great shops and restaurants, a fabulous place to explore at all hours. It%26#39;s the area celebrated in the movie ';You%26#39;ve Got Mail'; -- some of the locations are mentioned in their web site, www.youvegotmail.com. It%26#39;s only 10 minutes from Times Square, but worlds better.

Lots of budget hotels on the UWS -- Beacon, Belleclaire, Milburn, Newton, On the Ave, Comfort Inn Central Park.

  • beauty tips
  • create seamless digital textures
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment