Monday, April 23, 2012

Beacon Hotel, New York - query

Hi all,

I%26#39;m from Melbourne, Australia, and am planning to visit New York later this year with my sister. We%26#39;d like to stay in a one-bedroom apartment and I like the look of the Beacon (Upper West Side), but am a bit confused about their definition of ';one bedroom suite';. Can someone who has stayed there clarify whether ';One bedroom suite'; means a bedroom, plus a separate living room (ie: a one bedroom apartment), or does it mean that the bedroom and living area are combined in the one room? We definitely want a separate living area (in case we start driving each other crazy!), so if the Beacon doesn%26#39;t offer this type of accommodations, we%26#39;ll probably revert to Radio City Apartments in Midtown.

Can anyone help solve this puzzle?

Judy

Beacon Hotel, New York - query

Hi Judy,

I am familiar with the beacon hotel. Nice, clean hotel with large areas in the upper west side. Great choice! The suites have a seperate living room. So, the bedroom and the living room are NOT in the same room. Book soon, as they sell out months in advance.

Beacon Hotel, New York - query

Dear DM.

Thank you soooo much for your help - you%26#39;ve certainly put my mind at ease. I think the Beacon is the one for me!

I stayed at the Hotel Olcott (W 72nd St) on my last visit (Christmas/New Year 1998-99) and loved it, but the Olcott is no longer a hotel, so I%26#39;ve been looking for something similar for this trip.

Looks like I%26#39;ve found it! Thanks again!

J.

  • origins
  • help with flat screen tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment