Monday, April 16, 2012

Name Your favorite Italian Restaurant!

My husband and I will be in New York City next month and would like folks to recommend their favorite Italian Restaurant.





Thanks for your ';Gastronomic Memories!';



Name Your favorite Italian Restaurant!


My favorite is an ';old school'; place called Primevera. Upper East Side on 1st or 2nd. Another great place is Vivoli, again on the upper East Side near 75th and Lexington. These are definitely not tourist spots, but the food and ambience are outstanding. Apologies for not having the exact addresses.



Name Your favorite Italian Restaurant!


Erminia.




Volare, W3rd Street off 6th Avenue, Greenwich Village...excellent neighborhood place





Check www.menupages.com for menus and reviews on all of those mentioned.




I was only in New York for 6 nights so I%26#39;m no expert but the food in La Vineria (19 W 55th St) was delicious! When I got home I found out 2 of my aunts had been there too when they visited NY and they loved it too. That%26#39;s 3 foodies recommending it for you! :-)








My other half swears by John%26#39;s for the giant pasta shells!




L%26#39;impero is one of the best restaurants, let alone italian ones in New York. Highly recommend. If you want special, L%26#39;impero is it.





For fun I enjoy Il Cantinori, one of NYC%26#39;s oldest restaurants and still very, very good.




Carmines, hands down. Go to the one uptown in the 90%26#39;s not the one in Times Square. And bring friends. This is not a place to go with 2 people unless you want to roll out of there.





Enjoy




For a very good Southern Italian (homestyle, red sauce), I enjoy Patsys on W. 56th. Its a place with a lot of history (Frank Sinatra used to eat there) and the owners/hosts are very nice.




De Grezia on East 50th Street is very nice





Il Vagabondo on East 62 Street is a lot of fun with indoor bocce court that you can play on





Rigoletto%26#39;s on Arthur Avenue in The Bronx




2 people = Po



4+ people = Carmine%26#39;s (either location)



Most romantic = Erminia



Best Bolognese sauce = Caffe Buon Gusto

No comments:

Post a Comment