Monday, April 16, 2012

Mothers Day

I am taking my mom to NYC for Mother%26#39;s Day. Any suggestions for dinner?



Mothers Day


What is your price range and type of food. You will get many great suggestions.



Mothers Day


My prive range is approx $35-$50/person and I would prefer something unique with a view . As far as food, steaks and seafood.



This is our 4th annual trip and I would like to take her something diiferent this year. We%26#39;ve done the Tavern on the green, boathouse etc.




If you would like someting kind of unique, here is a suggestion:





Churrascaria Plataforma ( 212) 245-0505



316 West 49th Street



www.churrascariaplataforma.com





I ate there once with my wife and a friend. They bring around about 10 different types of steak, fish, chicken etc and it is on skewers. They cut the meat at your table. Every table has a red and green piece of wood. Green=more; red=no more! Food was very good.





They also have a great salad bar with shrimp, etc... I%26#39;ve heard if you get there on the early side, service is better. We had a really nice time.





There are two locations. 2nd one is at 233 W Broadway




Mother%26#39;s Day is one of those days where prices are steep. Very few places will have decent food AND a view let alone at under $50/person. If you%26#39;re prepared to forget the view, try Kitchen 22 or 82. Look on www.charliepalmer.com Or forget the budget and go to the River Cafe rivercafe.com-great food and view.




I ate at Charlie Palmer in DC and it was wonderful. My wife wanted crab stuffed shrimp and the rest didn%26#39;t have it. So, we called a few days before and they had it for us. Great food!

No comments:

Post a Comment